Sunday 7 June 2009

Handbag Essentials: Five Healthy Habits

1. Bottle of Water
I don't need to re-explain the numerous benefits of water, it's good for so many reasons, it would need an article of its own. Keeping a bottle on you at all times will ensure you stay hydrated.

2. Healthy Snack
If you get the munchies while you're out and about, make sure you're prepared with a snack such as granola bars (I like Nakd and Fruitus - both organic and vegan), nuts or fruit - dried or fresh.

3. Sunscreen
In England, it's that rare to have a comfortably warm day, we rarely think about sunscreen. But the rays still shine through the clouds. There are plenty of mini versions of sunscreen available, at shops such as Boots and Superdrug, so make sure you always have a little bottle on you.

4. Umbrella
Ever since I got caught out in the pouring rain umbrella-less, which resulted in a cold, I always carry one with me - even if it's sunny!

5. Hand Sanitiser
I'm always made fun of for this, but I don't think it's a coincidence that I take the train and two buses everyday, which is always full of coughing and sneezing people, yet I can't remember the last time I had the flu, or a cold. It can't substitute for actually washing your hands, but it's useful for when you're flitting from place to place and can't get to a bathroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment